The Easter Bunny has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you Easter Bunny!
The Liebster Award is meant to promote great blogs with less than 200 followers. The goal is to generated exposure and allow more people to discover these great blogs. Here’s how Liebster Award works…Nominees are asked to:
– post eleven facts about themselves
– answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked
– nominate eleven other websketches and ask them eleven questions of their own.
– display the Liebster award.
– there are no actual prizes awarded just recognition by fellow bloggers
So here we go…
Eleven Facts About Me
1. Jareth Caelum is not my real name. My mother made me promise not to use my real name in anything I write. Jareth is the name of the Goblin King from the movie Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies as a kid. Caelum is Latin for heaven, to remind me that we all carry heaven around inside us.
2. I am a semi-retired goth. I don’t go to clubs or anything anymore, but I still appreciate the aesthetic and a good glass of absinthe.
3. My favorite bands are Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd.
4. I am engaged to the most wonderful woman in the world: Ligeia
5. My favorite author ever is Jack Kerouac who I claim as my spiritual brother and a saint.
6. I am bisexual.
7. I am a cat person with no cats and two pit bulls.
8. I one day hope to write a great fantasy series like the Song of Ice and Fire
9. After seeing Kingdom of Heaven in prison, a couple of my Catholic friends and I would yell “God Wills It!” loudly whenever we saw each other in the halls.
10. I LOVE coffee. I take it with LOTS of cream and sugar or black.
11. And in spite of all that I am also a Catholic Christian and a member of the Secular Franciscans.
Answers to Eleven Questions from the Easter Bunny
1. The animal that best represents my personality is a lion, because I protect my family while they bring home the bacon.
2. If I was a superhero I would want super mental powers to get inside my enemies mind.
3. My mother has influenced me to be the person I am today. She taught me how to enjoy life and love unconditionally.
4. Blue Bell ice cream is my favorite dessert.
5. I want to see Venice more than any other place on earth. Streets made of water!
6. The best book I ever read…Dharma Bums. I loved the authenticity of the authors voice and the freedom.
7. I don’t think I have a single favorite movie. I love the original Star Wars Trilogy, the Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, The Dark Knight, the Crow. I love the chaos of Natural Born Killers. I also love Titus and Romeo + Juliet.
8. No I don’t believe in a Chimpmanzee.
9. If I could go back in time ten years and say only three words to myself I would say, “Go ahead, adapt.” I starting my sentence then and was fighting adapting to prison life. It would have been easier if I had just gone ahead and went with the flow from the beginning.
10. If I could create my own holiday I would just make Halloween a national holiday. It’s unoriginal, but I think it is a travesty that we have to go to work on the second most celebrated holiday in America.
11. I gave thanks this morning for my life, my girl, my family, my stupid dogs, and all the other blessings I have been given.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
1. O hi, Asia!
11. Let Me Be.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. What writer has been your greatest influence?
2. Do you have a guilt band? (A band who you love, but are embarrassed to admit it in front of others.) Who is it?
3. What is your favorite meal?
4. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
5. Have you, or anyone you know, ever been abducted by aliens?
6. Zombies or Robots?
7. Who do you admire most?
8. If you could pick any time or place in history to live, where and when would it be?
9. What’s your favorite movie?
10. What animal best represents your personality?
11. Why do you blog?